10/27/14 - The AccuWage 2014 application has been updated to include both AccuWage and AccuW2C in one application. Before testing your file, you must select your submission type, W-2 (Regulars) or W-2C (Corrections), in the top right hand corner of the application. Below under the 8/25/14 release information, you will find other changes to the application.
8/25/14 - The AccuWage application has been updated with many additional features including a new look and feel for the application along with additional edits to help ensure accuracy before the wage file is uploaded to BSO.
The most noticeable change is located on the Test Results screen. This screen will now allow you to filter the results by four types of issues: Critical, Error, Alert or Informational. When you select ‘Start Testing’ and run your file using AccuWage, all levels of issues found with your wage file will display on the Test Results screen. If you want to filter your issues by level, click on the individual box(es) next to the issue level to display those records. A Critical message will stop file processing immediately. You must fix Critical issues before continuing to run the file. A submission containing Error, Alert and/or Info messages will finish processing, however, Error(s) must be fixed before the ‘Upload to BSO’ button is enabled allowing you to upload your file to the BSO website.
For additional information, please see the Help drop down menu in the top left hand corner of the software and select Contents.
For general assistance using AccuWage, including navigation or results, call Employer Reporting Assistance at 1-800-772-6270 (toll free)
for TTY call 1-800-325-0778
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
If you experience problems installing or running AccuWage and need technical assistance, call 1-888-772-2970 (toll free).
Below is a series of links for more information about AccuWage/AccuW2C:
- Visit our Troubleshooting page for help with downloading problems.
- The Help Guide contains extensive information regarding viewing, testing and correcting errors in wage report files.
- The System Configuration Checklist is a listing of questions to include in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org that will enable us to find the root cause and provide solutions to installation issues.
- Visit the FAQ link for the Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions document. It contains the most common questions about downloading AccuWage/AccuW2C and some of the more difficult installation questions.
AccuWage/AccuW2C is free software from Social Security.
- AccuWage is for use with Electronic Filing W-2 - EFW2
- AccuW2C is for use with Electronic Filing W-2c - EFW2C
The software allows you to check W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) and W-2c (Corrected Wage and Tax Statement) reports for correctness before you send them to Social Security.
First, you need to download and install AccuWage/AccuW2C software on your PC. Then, specify the directory where your W2REPORT or W2CREPORT file is located. AccuWage/AccuW2C reads the file and informs you of any errors it detects.
The AccuWage/AccuW2C software identifies most of the common format errors in wage submissions. Using this software greatly reduces submission rejections. Please be aware that even if no errors are identified by AccuWage/AccuW2C, your submission could be returned because of other errors.
The user explicitly acknowledges that all shareware obtained from this site is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and that the risk of using shareware obtained from this site, including the entire costs of all necessary remedies, is with that user.
- To test wage reports created in the 2014 EFW2 format for submission during calendar year 2015, download AccuWage - 2014 Tax Year
- To test wage reports created in the 2013 EFW2 format for submission during calendar year 2014, download AccuWage - 2013 Tax Year.
- To test wage reports created in the 2013 EFW2C format for submission during calendar year 2014, download AccuW2C - 2013 Tax Year.