Hi, my name is J. Jioni Palmer, and I serve as Social Security Security’s Indian Tribal Consultation Official.
We are committed to working with Indian tribal Governments and respecting tribal sovereignty. We will continue working with you to build strong positive relationships between our agency and Indian tribes.
To better serve you, we improved access to our services, we:
- Continue to conduct informational seminars with tribal leaders and tribal community members;
- Provide Social Security publications to tribal benefit specialists;
- Developed training guides for those who work with Indian tribes;
- Revised policies related to Tribal Trust and SSI benefits; and
- Established video service delivery locations throughout Indian Country.
These video delivery service locations provide a convenient way to file claims and access other critical agency services
Also, I encourage tribal leaders and members to contact us with inquiries, on our established agency e-mail box, at:
We continue to update our American Indians and Alaska Natives website to provide you with a wealth of information about all of Social Security’s programs, online services, and publish our annual progress report on Tribal Consultation and Coordination outreach.
We appreciate continuing to hear from you and sharing your insight with us on what is important to American Indians and Alaska Natives. That’s information that will help us serve you better now, and in the years to come.
I thank you for your continued support of the Social Security Administration, and I look forward to working with you!