- Find Instructions for Completing the Application for Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs (SSA-1020-INST). The instructions are only guidelines and not to be used as applications.
- Apply for Extra Help online (SSA-i1020) in English or Español, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) to apply over the phone or to request an original paper application (English or Español), or apply at your local Social Security office.
- Appeal the decision we made about your eligibility for Extra Help by completing an Appeal of Determination for Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs (SSA-1021) in English or Español. Find Instructions for Completing the Appeal form in English or Español.
- Ensure you still are eligible for Extra Help and receiving all the benefits you deserve by completing the Review of Your Eligibility for Extra Help (SSA-1026B) in English or Español.
The instructions also are available in the below languages...
- Publications on Extra Help with Medicare prescription drug plan costs
- Publications in alternative media (English)–(Español)