(a) The closeout of an award does not affect any of the following:
(1) The right of SSA to disallow costs and recover funds on the basis of a later audit or other review.
(2) The obligation of the recipient to return any funds due as a result of later refunds, corrections, or other transactions.
(3) Audit requirements in § 435.26.
(4) Property management requirements in §§ 435.31 through 435.37.
(5) Records retention as required in § 435.53.
(b) After closeout of an award, a relationship created under an award may be modified or ended in whole or in part with the consent of SSA and the recipient, provided the responsibilities of the recipient referred to in § 435.73(a), including those for property management as applicable, are considered and provisions made for continuing responsibilities of the recipient, as appropriate.