Social Security Benefit Payment Data
Benefit payments presented in the following technical reports do not
include payments for vocational rehabilitation services nor are the benefit
amounts reduced for reimbursements of unnegotiated checks.
- The benefit composition report includes benefits in current payment status.
The difference between total benefits and the amounts in current payment status is
the amount of retroactive payments.
- are before deduction of Medicare premiums, and
- represent payable benefits at the middle of the prior month and do not capture
changes from that point in time until payments are made.
- The payment summary report includes the actual amounts paid to beneficiaries under
cyclical payment procedure. The report also includes
Medicare premiums that were deducted from benefits.
- The cyclical payment report provides more detail on the cyclical payments that
are available through the "payment summary" report. Specifically,
it provides a split of the cyclical payments by
payment method—paper checks versus direct deposit.