Business Services Online: The Joy of Using BSO, Part 1
Business Services Online (BSO) offers many internet services for businesses and employers who exchange information with Social Security. This webcast will guide you through the BSO Registration Process step-by-step and get you to a point where you will be prepared to setup and use two of BSO's most popular tools: the SSN Verification Service (SSNVS) and our Electronic Wage (W-2) Reporting suite.
(previously recorded on November 29, 2011)
Business Services Online: The Joy of Using BSO, Part 2
Now that you have registered to use Social Security’s Business Services Online (BSO), you can now access one of the most popular features in BSO – the Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS). With SSNVS, you will be able to:
- Verify up to 10 names and SSNs online and receive immediate results with no limit to the number of times you may use the SSN Verification web page within a session.
- Upload electronic files of up to 250,000 names and SSNs and usually receive results the next government business day.
This webcast will provide step-by-step instructions on how to use SSNVS.
(previously recorded on December 15, 2011)
Business Services Online: The Joy of Using BSO, Part 3
In Part I, we walked you through the BSO registration process. In Part II of the series, we provided you with step-by-step instructions for using one of our most popular online services, the Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS). In Part III, you will learn:
- The advantages of Online W-2 and W-3 Filing
- How to report wages to Social Security, and create Forms W-2 and W-3 online
- How to download submitted reports
You will find that it is faster to file W-2s and W-3s online,. You do not need any special software, can process up to 50 W-2s and immediate feedback is provided if the names and Social Security numbers do not match.
(previously recorded on January 12, 2012)