All payments are federally administered payments.
All years are calendar years unless otherwise specified.
Numbers in the text and tables may not add to totals because of rounding.
Monthly data shown in tables are for the end of the given month.
Table 3, "Total recipients by age and source of payment," is new and covers all recipients who received at least one payment during the calendar year. Tables previously numbered 3 and higher have been renumbered.
Table 77, "Recipients terminated, by age and reason for termination," was omitted from the 2007 edition and is now reinstated. Because the methodology for producing termination data has been revised, the data series begins with 2006; when last published, this table showed data for 1998–2005.
Several tables have been revised to provide additional information:
- Table 12 now includes number and average income of all recipients.
- Tables 14 and 32 now include data for Oceania, and detail for the top five countries of origin in most world regions.
- Tables 22, 30, 35, 43, 46, 51, 54, 59, and 65 now include detail for recipients aged 18–21, 22–25, and 26–29.
- Table 30 now includes number and percentage distribution of all recipients.
- Tables 45, 54, 61, and 67 now include percentages.
- Tables 46, 51, 54, and 56 now include detail for additional earnings ranges.