The Social Security Administration's Office of Acquisition and Grants (OAG) funds research and demonstration grants involving:
- Old-Age Survivors Program
- Social Security Disability Insurance Program (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program.
Grants are awarded for innovative research and demonstrations, adding to existing knowledge and improve methods and techniques for managing, administering, and the effectiveness of SSA programs:
- Research and Demonstration Grants
Conduct social, economic, and demographic research on topics important to the SSDI and SSI programs, as well as the current and future well-being of beneficiaries.
- Retirement Research Consortium Program
- Improving the Disability Determination Process
- Service Grants
Provide funding to support our beneficiaries in their efforts to return to work and to gain self-sufficiency. Such services include:
- Trial Work Period
- Early referral for rehabilitation services
- Greater use of employers and others in the rehabilitation and placement process
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Program
- Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security