FEDERAL REGULATIONS FOR GRANTS AND COOPERATIVE AGREEMENTS
- Educational Institutions
2 CFR Part 220. This section establishes the principles for determining costs applicable to grants, and cooperative agreements with educational institutions.
- State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments
2 CFR Part 225. This section establishes the principles for determining costs for Federal awards carried out through grants and cooperative agreements with State and local governments, and federally recognized Indian tribal governments.
- Non-Profit Organizations
2 CFR Part 230. This section establishes principles for determining costs of grants and cooperative agreements with non-profit organizations.
Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements
- Higher Education, Hospitals, Other Non-Profit Organizations and Commercial Organizations
20 CFR Part 435. For the specified type of grantee organizations, these administrative requirements apply to all grantees and subgrantees awarded an SSA grant or cooperative agreement.
- State and Local Governments
20 CFR Part 437. For the specified type of grantee organizations/agencies, these administrative requirements apply to all grantee and subgrantees awarded an SSA grant or cooperative agreement.
- Requirements for Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Implementation
2 CFR Part 170. This requires all grantee organizations to report subawards and executive compensation under Federal assistance awards via a specified website.
- FFATA Sub-award Reporting System (www.fsrs.gov) is the website Federal prime awardees used to report data on sub-awards they make.
Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
- 2 CFR Subtitle A, Chapter 1, and Part 25. This requires all grantees and first-tier subgrantees (other than individuals) to have a Dun and Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) numbers and maintain current registrations in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database.
- Central Contractor Registration (www.ccr.gov) This is the official FREE on-ling registrant database used by the Federal Government to collect, validate, store and disseminate data in support of agency acquisition and award missions.
Certifications, Terms and Conditions
- Trafficking in Persons: Grants and Cooperative Agreements
2 CFR Part 175. This regulation requires that all awarding agencies must include a condition authorizing termination of the award if the grantee or a subgrantee engages in certain activities related to trafficking in persons.
- Nonprocurement Debarment and Suspension
2 CFR Part 2336. This section adopts the Office of Management and Budget guidance in subparts A through 1 of 2 CFR Part 180, as supplemented by this part as the SSA policies and procedures for nonprocurement debarment and suspension.
- Privacy and Disclosure of Official Records and Information
20 CFR Part 401 and 402. This section describes SSA’s policies and procedures for implementing the requirements of the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. 552a and section 1106 of the Social Security Act concerning disclosure of information about individuals, both with and without their consent.
Note: Grantees may be subject to our background checks and fingerprinting in accordance with our personnel, security and suitability requirements. In addition, grantees are required to adhere to our policy regarding the protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). When making awards, we will distribute the necessary packages including forms and consents for completion, for both PII and Suitability Determination as needed.
- Restrictions on Lobbying
20 CFR Part 438. This regulation prohibits the use of any appropriated funds to pay any person for influencing or attempting to influence an officer or employee of SSA, a member of Congress, an officer or employee of Congress, or an employee of a member of Congress in connection with any of the following: awarding of any Federal contract, the making of any Federal grant, the making of any Federal loan, the entering into of any cooperative agreement, and the extension, continuation, renewal, amendment, or modification of any Federal contract, grant, loan, or cooperative agreement.
- Drug-Free Workplace Requirements
2 CFR Part 2339. This section requires that the award and administration of SSA grants and cooperative agreements comply with the OMB guidance implementing the portion of the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
OMB Circular A-133. This circular establishes standards for obtaining consistency and uniformity among Federal agencies for the audit of States, local governments, and non-profit organizations expending Federal awards.