Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States

Country List 3

Your payments will continue even if you have been outside the U.S. for more than six full calendar months, if you are a resident of a country with which the U.S. has a Social Security agreement. Currently, these countries are:

Australia France Netherlands
Austria Germany Norway
Belgium Greece Poland
Canada Ireland Portugal
Chile Italy Spain
Czech Republic Japan Sweden
Denmark Korea (South) Switzerland
Finland Luxembourg United Kingdom

However, the agreements with Austria, Belgium, Germany, Sweden and Switzerland permit you to receive benefits as a dependent or survivor of a worker while you reside in the foreign country only if the worker is a U.S. citizen or a citizen of your country of residence.